Friday, April 21, 2017

50/50 Friday - Favorite/Least Favorite Book in the Contemporary Genre

This fun meme is hosted by myself and Laura from Blue Eye Books every Friday. Come join us!



What is 50/50 Friday? 
Everyone has a favorite and then we also have something we dislike. Like a coin, there are two sides to every question. Example: best sequel you've read/worst sequel you've read.



Topic for the Week
Favorite/Least favorite book in the ____ genre (choice genre)



So I've chosen Contemporary because it was the easier for me. I don't read that much of this genre so I have clear winners and clear losers. So let's jump into it!


Least Favorite 
This was just too fluffy and too light and it felt fake at times. I just didn't like it that much.



Favorite 
Paper Princess
I love how gritty this is, I real it is. Teens act like this and I loved that. Yeah there are some parts that are unrealistic but it was mainly in the beginning and once past that I loved the characters. 



Topic for Next Week
World you'd like/not like to live in 




3 comments:

  1. Ah yes, Kasie West writes the epitome of fluffy contemporary. While I love reading her books from time to time (especially after a particularly dark book that I want to take my mind off of) they are a bit like cotton candy, aren't they? I haven't had a chance to read Paper Princess yet but I've heard such great things about it! I'll get to it eventually :) Great picks, Carrie!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I thought Paper Princess was a fantasy novel! I think it's the cover. I thought it was a light fluffy fantasy...looks like I'm wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these, but I do want to try Kasie West one of these days. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Featured Post

50/50 Friday - Bookish Gift You'd Most/Least Like to Receive

This meme is hosted by myself and the wonderful Laura from Blue Eye Books . What is 50/50 Friday?  Everyone has a favorite and...